If you're looking for a great treat that's both quick to prepare and inexpensive to create, you won't go wrong with these delicious Cuban corn fritters.
2 cups ground fresh corn kernels, or canned sweat creamed corn
1 cup flour
2 well beaten eggs
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground anis seed
1/2 tsp salt
1 to 2 Tbs Milk if needed
Oil for frying
1. Mix together the sugar, baking powder, flour, and salt into a bowl.
2. Add in the pulped or creamed corn and stir well. Add touches of flour or milk for desired thickness
3. Cover and set aside for 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Heat about 1 inch of Oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
5. Drop the batter into the heated oil and fry each fritter until golden brown on all sides. (3 to 5 minutes) Try not to crowd the pan...
6. Drain on a rack or towel for 5 to 10 minutes.
More information about text formats
Browse itineraries, check out photos, and learn more about upcoming trips to Cuba with our FREE 40-page brochure.
By using this form you give us permission to contact you. Your privacy is assured.
© Copyright 2000-2016 insightCuba. All Rights Reserved.
Photos courtesy of Robin Thom
insightCuba - U.S. Headquarters2 Clinton Place, New Rochelle, NY 10801, USA