While we are not currently hiring, please feel free to submit your information as described in the job posting as we will consider your candidacy for future openings. Please note that we are unable to respond to all resume or job submissions.
If you love international travel, why not turn your passion into a career! InsightCuba, a division of Cross-Cultural Solutions, and leading provider of licensed people-to-people travel to Cuba for U.S. citizens is hiring for the position of Travel Specialist at our headquarters in New Rochelle, NY.
On December 17, 2014 President Obama announced his landmark policy to improve relations between the US and Cuba and encourage travel. Join us in ushering in a new era and be part of making history.
We're looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, self-starter who has a desire to gain experience and excel in the travel industry. Candidates must have a great phone presence, a passion for international travel, and drive to utilize these qualities in selling outstanding travel programs to Cuba for the US market.
Our Travel Specialists work with a talented and dedicated team providing Americans the unique opportunity to travel to Cuba on one of our many US Government authorized programs. An exciting and comprehensive training program will be provided.
Spanish language and prior experience in Cuba is not required.
We offer an amazing work environment and outstanding training. Spanish language not required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To sell and register all potential and return guests
- To provide a superior level of customer service
- To communicate professionally with guests through telephone, e-mail, chat, and web-leads
- To prepare and get guests excited for travel to Cuba
- To accurately enter and maintain guest information
- To work as a team, sharing information, tools and strategies
- To remain up-to-date on product information and be proactive in educating team members
- Have a passion for international travel
- Have an enthusiastic personality and great phone presence
- Have a willingness to learn and succeed
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have excellent organizational skills
- Have proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite preferred
- Have a desire to travel to Cuba.
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience and ranges from $32,000 to $36,000 annually. Full benefits package after 90-days of employment includes: full medical, 401(k) plan, paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. Other benefits include family travel and health membership discounts, credit union membership, educational assistance plan, short and long-term disability insurance, and optional supplemental insurance coverage.
InsightCuba is an equal opportunity employer and always employs qualified individuals based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
For consideration, please submit a letter sharing your favorite travel experience and what it meant to you and your resume to email@example.com. Please put Travel Specialist- New York in the subject line.
For more information about Insight Cuba please visit us at www.insightcuba.com.