If you love international travel, why not turn your passion into a career! InsightCuba, a division of Cross-Cultural Solutions, and leading provider of licensed people-to-people travel to Cuba for U.S. citizens is hiring for the position of Travel Program Coordinator at our office in Panama City, Panama.
On December 17, 2014 President Obama announced his landmark policy to improve relations between the US and Cuba and encourage travel. Join us in ushering in a new era and be part of making history.
We’re looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, self-starter who has a desire to gain invaluable travel industry experience and become an expert in Cuba as a destination.
Would you like to live in Panama? Would you like to travel to Cuba? How about work directly with our partners and counterparts in Cuba? Candidates should be fluent in Spanish, have great organizational and computer skills, and incredible attention to detail.
The Travel Program Coordinator will work with our talented and dedicated staff at our U.S. headquarters in New Rochelle, NY, our staff in Panama City, Panama, and our partners and counterparts in Cuba, providing Americans the unique opportunity to travel to Cuba on one of our many authorized tours. A comprehensive training program in Cuba and Panama will be provided to get you started. Then you’ll learn from the industry expert in the field of U.S. Cuba travel. You’ll also have the amazing opportunity to travel to Cuba to lead some of these experiences as a tour leader.
Prior international work experience is not required.
- Coordinate and maintain Cuba programming and excursions
- Manage itineraries from activities to dining experiences
- Coordinate all flights and hotel reservations
- Work directly with partners and counterparts in Cuba to ensure seamless delivery of information, travel itinerary fulfillment, and quality objectives
- Coordinate guest special requests
- Maintain and reconcile departure date travel inventories
- Coordinate our tour leader programming and travel logistics between the U.S., Canada, and Cuba
- Maintain all documents sent to tour leaders
- Maintain tour leader Facebook page
- Maintain guest surveys and use data to create more dynamic and exciting programming and improvements to tours
- Coordinate pre and post program departure information for guests and tour leaders
- Lead several tours throughout the year
- Four-year degree or commensurate work experience
- Live and work abroad in Panama City, Panama
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish
- Have excellent organizational skills
- Can travel as required
This position is available now. Apply for a 1 or 2-year commitment and you'll be provided with:
- Paid living arrangements provided in comfortable shared apartments in a safe and vibrant neighborhood
- A $700 monthly stipend
- Travel Medical Health Insurance
- 10 "free days" per commitment year to be used to take days off during your commitment
- One-week volunteer abroad experience with our parent company, Cross-Cultural Solutions
- An exciting and comprehensive training program in Cuba and Panama
- Round-trip airfare between the United States and Panama
How to apply
This position is available now. Apply today to become a part of the insightCuba/Cross-Cultural Solutions' global family in Panama! Submit a resume and a personal statement of 500-700 words addressing the following questions to email@example.com. In the subject line, please include Travel Specialist- Panama:
-Why would you like to live and work with insightCuba in Panama?
-What do you hope to gain from the experience?
-How will you will deal with the unique challenges of living and working abroad?
-What do you want to be doing in three years and how would this position help you achieve this goal?
Learn More about insightCuba at www.insightcuba.com.