Win a Weekend in Havana for Two Sweepstakes 2018
1. Eligibility: Sweepstakes 2018 (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry. Employees of insightCuba (“Sponsor”) and/or Masala Expeditions (“Sponsor”), partners, affiliate companies, suppliers, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Promotion consists of a sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”).
2. Timing: The Promotion begins on May 1, 2018 and ends on June 15, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). The Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
3. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, participants must visit the sweepstakes page and complete and submit the online registration form, including name and valid email address. Once you fill out the registration form in its entirety and submit it, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes, which is logged into Sponsor’s database. Limit: Each participant is eligible to receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry during the Promotion Period through the registration form. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of plays/entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s plays/entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
4. Sweepstakes Drawing: The decisions of the Sponsor as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential Winner from all eligible entries on or around June 15, 2018.
5. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNERS HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON WILL BE DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY, VOIDED, AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
6. Verification of Potential Winners: Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each potential winner will be notified by email. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or prize is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. All alternate potential winners are subject to all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
7. Prizes: (A) Sweepstakes Prize: 1 GRAND PRIZE: A 4-day/3-night Weekend in Havana Tour for the winner and guest of their choice. Inclusions can be found on insightCuba’s website https://insightcuba.com/cuba-tours/signature/weekend-havana-tour. *Customary end-of-tour gratuities for the Cuban guide, driver, and tour leader are left to the guest’s discretion and should be based on your satisfaction with the level of service received.
Approximate retail value of Grand Prize package is valued up to $7,590. Actual value may vary depending on time of travel and costs of air transportation at time of award. Winner will not receive the difference between actual and approximate retail value. The trip must be started and completed by November 18, 2018 or Grand Prize Winner forfeits the Grand Prize in its entirety.
Grand Prize and all trips offered by insightCuba are regulated and authorized by the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control. Adherence to travel guidelines and full participation in the program is required. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes Grand Prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
Trip must be booked no less than thirty (30) days prior to departure or Grand Prize Winner forfeits the Grand Prize in its entirety. Travel must be round-trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary at its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made by Sponsor in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Promotion, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s “Agreement and Release Form” and airline carrier, as detailed in the passenger ticket contracts. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of Winner. Travel package does not include transportation to the location of Winner’s home airport, all gratuities, bar, and beverage charges, or items of a personal nature. Winner’s travel companion must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the date of departure. If Grand Prize Winner’s travel companion is under twenty-one (21) years of age, the Grand Prize Winner must be the travel companion’s parent/legal guardian. Travel companion must travel on the same dates and at the same time as the Winner. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Winner and travel companion are solely responsible for obtaining valid passports and any other documents necessary for international travel. Winner and guest are solely responsible for their own conduct while accepting the prize and agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations pertaining to use and enjoyment of the prize, including, but not limited to, consumption of alcoholic beverages. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, or certificates.
For All Prizes: There is no cash equivalent, all prizes are non-transferable, and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Winners will be contacted by insightCuba for booking and availability.
8. Release: By receipt of any prize, or by agreeing to participate in the Promotion, winner and participant agrees to release and hold harmless Insight Cuba, Cross-Cultural Solutions, suppliers, partners, and advertising/promotion agencies, as well as each such company’s officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt, use, or misuse of any prize.
Participant and winner agree to release and hold harmless insightCuba, Masala Expeditions, suppliers, partners, and advertising/promotion agencies, as well as each such company’s officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, in connection with a strike, war, weather, quarantine, sickness, government restriction, regulation, or denial or revocation of license, including, without limitation, changes to the Cuban Asset Control travel regulations, or any other cause beyond its reasonable control. No subsequent or replacement prizes will be given in such circumstance.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes Winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such an event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes will be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Participation constitutes players use of email for solicitation purposes. Players have full rights and restrictions to subsequently opt out of future solicitations following sweepstakes.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for the prize offered herein. No more than the stated prize will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reason causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated prize by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by an arbitrator located in Rye, New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) by participating in Promotion, entrant waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
14. Winners’ List: To receive a list of the winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Insight Cuba Sweepstakes – Win a Weekend in Havana for two 2018 List, Attn: Marketing, Insight Cuba, 16 School Street, Rye, NY 10580 within sixty (60) days of expiration of the Sweepstakes Period. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Insight Cuba Sweepstakes – Cuba Sweepstakes – Win a Weekend in Havana for two 2018 List, Attn: Marketing, Insight Cuba, 2 Clinton Place, New Rochelle, New York 10801, prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
This promotion is in no way sponsored or administered by, or endorsed or associated with, Facebook. By participating, you hereby release and hold harmless Facebook from any and all liability associated with this promotion. Sponsor: insightCuba, 16 School Street, Rye, NY 10580