We have suspended all programs departing through June 30, 2021. If you are booked on one of our departures before then, our travel specialists will contact you to help reschedule your trip for a future date, with no fees or penalties assessed by insightCuba. If you decide to cancel, we will issue a refund, less a $99 future travel credit. If we haven't been able to reach you, please contact us.
Please note that if you booked prior to Mar 19, 2020, you added flights to your package, and we issued tickets for those flights, there may be limitations on your rebooking options or refund. In most cases, we can transfer the value of your flights to a future trip within the airlines' rebooking policies, which may require your new trip to be on the same airline and to occur within a certain amount of time. We will provide additional information when we discuss your trip with you.
If we’ve learned anything from the past months, it’s that travel arrangements have got to be more flexible. Now, you can book your dream trip to Cuba, and if you need to change your travel dates, just let us know by 60 days before departure, and we’ll change your booking without any penalty or fees. If you need to cancel, we’ll refund everything you’ve paid less a $99 per person future travel credit. These credits are held for you to use toward any future trip, and they never expire.
SAFETY FIRST: HOW WE’RE PROTECTING YOU
Protecting the health and safety of our travelers has been our highest priority for 20 years. The coronavirus pandemic presents new challenges, and we're enhancing our protocols to meet those challenges. Every aspect of your journey will be planned for safety first. Everything, from our selected accommodations, the restaurants we frequent, and the community projects we support will follow our rigid protocols to protect your health and assure maximum cleanliness. We will take care of all the details, so you can sit back, relax and enjoy your experience in Cuba. These are our commitments to you:
- We will not operate trips to Cuba that have not been authorized for safe travel by its government, the US Dept. of State, the CDC, and the World Health Organization.
- On our group tours, we are adjusting the size of our groups and motor coaches to provide additional spacing.
- We are redesigning many aspects of our itineraries to avoid large gatherings and crowded spaces, and to schedule visits during off-peak times wherever possible.
- On our motor coaches, you will have assigned seating on each coach throughout your itinerary in order to assure safe distancing measures.
- All vehicle surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized each day.
- All restaurants will serve plated meals instead of offering buffets, including breakfast.
- All rooms will be sanitized and deep-cleaned prior to check-in, and housekeeping staff will wear masks and gloves.
- All porters, drivers, hotel staff, and tour representatives will wear a face mask and gloves when handling your luggage.
- Our tour staff will wear face masks and other appropriate personal protective equipment and regularly wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer.
- All travelers will be required to wear face masks while touring public places, particularly indoors, and on our vehicles. In Cuba, such amenities as masks and hand sanitizer will be limited, so we ask you to bring your own supply of both. We will do our best to have an emergency supply on had should the need arise.
- For your safety and the safety of others, including local populations, and to comply with local regulations, closures, or other unexpected circumstances, we may adjust your itinerary before or during travel. If it is necessary to omit certain experiences, we will do our best to substitute other, similarly rewarding ones.
- If you or any other traveler exhibits symptoms of illness, we will promptly seek a medical evaluation, and assess whether any travelers should be isolated from the group.
- In the unlikely event that your trip is interrupted, our team in the US and in destination will help modify your travel arrangements and get you home as quickly and safely as possible.
- When traveling to Cuba, you are mandated to purchase Cuban health insurance, which is included in your package. This coverage pertains to basic medical needs, but should you require hospitalization, you may be charged for treatment. For this reason, please seriously consider purchasing travel insurance, which can cover medical issues as well as many more situations.
If you haven’t already, we recommend that guests purchase travel insurance. For your convenience, insightCuba offers a travel protection plan through Travelex Insurance Services. For more information about Covid-19 coverage and Travelex Insurance plans visit the Travelex Coronavirus Coverage page. Please contact us to enroll.