All of us at insightCuba hope that you and your families are safe and well.
Like many of you, we continue to put off our dreams of traveling a little longer. At this time, Cuba is not open to U.S. travelers. The Cuban government has implemented a phased plan to allow tourists back to the island, but no dates have yet been announced, and it is not yet known when Havana, Viñales and other regions regularly visited by insightCuba travelers will reopen for visitors. To protect you and ensure your safe passage to Cuba, we've suspended tours through Dec 31, 2020. We plan to resume operations in 2021, once all safety and wellness protocols have been established and the island is ready for foreign visitors.
We've been in constant contact with our partners and friends in Cuba. Like us, they too are sheltering at home with their loved ones, their livelihoods temporarily on hold. We’ve shared the many good wishes of our past and future travelers, and true to the Cuban spirit and despite many hardships there, they are sincerely concerned with their friends in the U.S. and wish to convey their thoughts of wellbeing and safety with you. Cubans miss the energy, curiosity and generosity of US visitors, and they are counting on seeing us as soon as it is safe to travel.
Cuba has implemented many of the same precautionary measures implemented around the world to minimize the spread of COVID-19, including social distancing, restricting travel to the island until further notice, and closing schools. Additionally, Cuba has deployed its national health services to local communities around the country, including medical volunteers who go door-to-door to check temperatures and provide guidelines for residents to stay healthy as well as help for those who are ill. By all accounts, they have minimized the impact of COVID-19 on the population, and they are entering a large trial of a new vaccine that, if proven effective, will be ready for the population by February 2021.
In the meantime, we will continue dreaming about the joy of travel once this pandemic has been conquered.
We have suspended all programs departing through Dec 31, 2020. If you are booked on one of our departures before then, our travel specialists will contact you to help reschedule your trip for a future date, with no fees or penalties assessed by insightCuba. If you decide to cancel, we will issue a refund, less a $99 future travel credit. If we haven't been able to reach you, please contact us.
Please note that if you booked prior to Mar 19, 2020, you added flights to your package, and we issued tickets for those flights, there may be limitations on your rebooking options or refund. In most cases, we can transfer the value of your flights to a future trip within the airlines' rebooking policies, which may require your new trip to be on the same airline and to occur within a certain amount of time. We will provide additional information when we discuss your trip with you.
If we’ve learned anything from the past months, it’s that travel arrangements have got to be more flexible. Now, you can book your dream trip to Cuba, and if you need to change your travel dates, just let us know by 60 days before departure, and we’ll change your booking without any penalty or fees. If you need to cancel, we’ll refund everything you’ve paid less a $99 per person future travel credit. These credits are held for you to use toward any future trip, and they never expire.
SAFETY FIRST: HOW WE’RE PROTECTING YOU
Protecting the health and safety of our travelers has been our highest priority for 20 years. The coronavirus pandemic presents new challenges, and we're enhancing our protocols to meet those challenges. Every aspect of your journey will be planned for safety first. Everything, from our selected accommodations, the restaurants we frequent, and the community projects we support will follow our rigid protocols to protect your health and assure maximum cleanliness. We will take care of all the details, so you can sit back, relax and enjoy your experience in Cuba. These are our commitments to you:
- We will not operate trips to Cuba that have not been authorized for safe travel by its government, the US Dept. of State, the CDC, and the World Health Organization.
- On our group tours, we are adjusting the size of our groups and motor coaches to provide additional spacing.
- We are redesigning many aspects of our itineraries to avoid large gatherings and crowded spaces, and to schedule visits during off-peak times wherever possible.
- On our motor coaches, you will have assigned seating on each coach throughout your itinerary in order to assure safe distancing measures.
- All vehicle surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized each day.
- All restaurants will serve plated meals instead of offering buffets, including breakfast.
- All rooms will be sanitized and deep-cleaned prior to check-in, and housekeeping staff will wear masks and gloves.
- All porters, drivers, hotel staff, and tour representatives will wear a face mask and gloves when handling your luggage.
- Our tour staff will wear face masks and other appropriate personal protective equipment and regularly wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer.
- All travelers will be required to wear face masks while touring public places, particularly indoors, and on our vehicles. In Cuba, such amenities as masks and hand sanitizer will be limited, so we ask you to bring your own supply of both. We will do our best to have an emergency supply on had should the need arise.
- For your safety and the safety of others, including local populations, and to comply with local regulations, closures, or other unexpected circumstances, we may adjust your itinerary before or during travel. If it is necessary to omit certain experiences, we will do our best to substitute other, similarly rewarding ones.
- If you or any other traveler exhibits symptoms of illness, we will promptly seek a medical evaluation, and assess whether any travelers should be isolated from the group.
- In the unlikely event that your trip is interrupted, our team in the US and in destination will help modify your travel arrangements and get you home as quickly and safely as possible.
- When traveling to Cuba, you are mandated to purchase Cuban health insurance, which is included in your package. This coverage pertains to basic medical needs, but should you require hospitalization, you may be charged for treatment. For this reason, please seriously consider purchasing travel insurance, which will cover medical issues as well as many more situations.
If you haven’t already, we recommend that guests purchase travel insurance. insightCuba has selected Allianz Global Assistance as our preferred travel insurance partner to provide you with the option of purchasing a plan that can include protection for trip cancellation, interruption, travel delay, baggage and more. Every year over 35 million people trust Allianz Global Assistance to protect their travel, events, tuition and more. Multilingual support is available 24/7 to help you select the plan that best suits your needs. Terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. If you’re not completely satisfied, you have at least 10 days, depending on your state of residence, to request a refund, provided you haven’t started your trip or initiated a claim. Premiums are non-refundable after this period.
Get a quote or call 866-884-3556 to speak with an Allianz Global Assistance representative. Be sure to reference ACCAM #F209844. Additional insurance information can be found on the Allianz Coronavirus Update page.