This typically happens for one of the following reasons:
- A daily limit on withdrawing funds from a debit card.
You may lift the restriction by contacting the debit/credit card provider to inform them of this charge. If you've already contacted the financial institution and they can not lift the restriction, please contact our Finance Department directly at email@example.com or 1-914-632-0022.
- The three digit code on the back of your card (typically called a Card Security Code or CSC) was entered incorrectly.
- Try the charge again. If you receive the decline message a second time, contact the debit/credit card provider.
- Strict security restrictions regarding online transactions.
You may lift the restriction by contacting the debit/credit card provider to inform them of this charge.
- The credit line limit, set by the financial institution, may have been reached.
Please check on your credit line by contacting the credit card provider. You may want to verify that recent payments made toward your credit line have posted to your account.
- The expiration date on the card has passed or was entered incorrectly.
Confirm that the card is still active and try the charge again. If today's date is past the expiration date on the credit/debit card, our system will not allow the charge to go through. If you receive the decline message a second time, contact your financial institution.
- A recently activated card.
If the credit/debit card account was just activated or a new card has been issued to you, the financial institution might have restrictions on its usage. Please contact the debit/credit card provider directly for more information.
To retry, hit the back button to return to the verify page. Click the edit button on the verify page to change your payment details as needed.