Gratuities for luggage handling, restaurant service, and programmed activities throughout the tour are handled by insightCuba. Customary end-of-tour gratuities for the Cuban guide, driver, and tour leader are left to the guest’s discretion and should be based on the guest’s satisfaction with the level of service received.
Cuban staff will share their tips with their families, friends, and coworkers who don’t have access to CUCs.
To assist you in tipping your Cuban guide and driver, we’ve created a simple guideline below based on your satisfaction of the services received. Tipping is a highly personal matter and the guideline below is only suggested rates for tipping. You may tip more or less depending on your preference:
- Cuban Guide: CUC$5-8 per person per day
- Cuban Bus Driver: CUC$3-5 per person per day
- Bartenders: CUC$1 per drink
- Housekeeping*: CUC$1 per day
- Taxi Drivers: 10 percent of the fare
- Musicians: CUC$1
- Bathroom Attendants: Use your small coins — 10 centavos, 25 centavos, etc.
*We suggest tipping housekeepers on a daily basis, rather than at the end of your stay.