Picadillo is a delicious traditional Cuban Dish made of beef, tomatoes, rice, and various other ingredients that vary by region. This dish is great as a Main Course or filling (such as Cuban Fritters). This dish is sure to satisfy your cravings for traditional Cuban cuisine.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb. lean or extra-lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. salt (to taste)
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 cup pimento-stuffed green olives
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, saute the onions for about 5 minutes or until soft.
2. Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute, then add beef and reduce to medium heat.
3. In a separate pan, brown the beef, using a wooden spoon to break up any large pieces, this should take around 10 minutes.
4. Combine the beef, onion, garlic into the skillet and stir
5. Add cumin, tomato paste, and salt. Stir until combined.
* If needed, add a splash of water as needed to help the tomato paste dissolve.* 2 tablespoons
6. Let simmer for another 5 minutes or so, then stir in the olives.
Serve with white rice, polenta, tacos, etc… and enjoy!