With fall having taken over the city streets and colorful leaves gracefully adorning the sidewalks, there is no better time to savor a pumpkin latte and enjoy some wickedly delicious pumpkin fritters. Halloween is all around us which is why, in honor of the celebrations, these Cuban frituras de calabazas are sure to do the trick for a quick, savory snack prior to a night out on the town.
So if you went pumpkin picking this season and can’t wait to have a bite, here’s how to prepare these easy to make fritters.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yields: 24 fritters
- 3 cups, pumpkin (rind and seeds removed)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. flour
- Oil, for frying
- Peel and cut pumpkin into chunks and boil until tender
- Drain water and mash pumpkin into a paste
- Add beaten eggs, sugar, butter
- Add flour, nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix well
- Heat oil in pan, use spoon to make from paste and add into pan and brown all sides
- Drain oil and serve immediately.